Tonight I just had a huge craving for cookies. So as I was waiting for dinner to finish cooking I whipped up these cookies from what I had in the pantry. I was a bit worried that they wouldn't have a nice texture as I didn't use butter and the PB2 can be quite heavy, but they are great! They have a nice crunchy outer layer and a soft centre.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil
1/3 olive oil Nuttelex
2/3 cup PB2
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 instant oats
1/2 cup plain flour
1. Preheat oven to 180C. In a large glass bowl add the coconut oil and the Nuttlex. Pop the bowl into microwave until they are just melted.
2. Use a fork to combine the coconut oil, Nuttelex, brown sugar, and PB2.
3. Add the the egg and combine.
4. Add the oats and combine.
5. Gradually add the flour, stirring to combine as you go. If the texture is right before you add the whole amount, stop! If it's too runny, gradually add some more flour. You know what to do!
6. Use two dessert spoons to scoop the mixture onto lined baking trays.
7. Bake for 12- 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and cool on trays.