I love making breakfast on the weekends. It's nice to be able to put some time into making a healthy and delicious start to the day and then enjoy eating it while relaxing and reading blogs. :)
I also try to make it a little different every week to keep it interesting.
This week I didn't feel like eggs so I put a little extra effort into what is basically tomato and cheese on toast.
Mexican Roasted Tomato Toast
1 punnet grape tomatoes
1 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs mexican or morrocan seasoning
1 tsp smokey jalapeno sauce
1 tsp lime juice
Salt and pepper
4 slices of bread (I used Burgen soy and linseed)
2-4 tablespoons grated tex-mex style cheese (I used a cheddar mix, you could also use a fresh cheese like ricotta which would probably be more authentically mexican.)
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Cut tomatoes into quarters and place in a bowl. Add olive oil and seasoning and toss to combine.
3. Arrange tomatoes on baking tray in a single layer. Place into oven and cook for 15 - 20 minutes until they are just starting to blacken at the edges.
4. Meanwhile, mash 1/2 an avocado in a bowl and add jalapeno sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper.
5. Once your tomatoes are ready remove from the oven and place back into the bowl you mixed them in. You can turn off the oven and place the bowl back inside to keep them warm while you toast your bread if you like. :)
6. Toast your bread.
7. Spread avocado mixture onto bread, top with tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Enjoy! Ella xx