Every time I make a salad for a main meal I try to make a little bit different to keep it interesting. Tonight I made an italian-ish salad for a light dinner as I had indulged a little too much during the day.
10 grape tomatoes
2 truss tomatoes
1 red onion
1 small bunch parsley
1 baby cos lettuce
2 Tbs raspberry balsamic vinegar
4 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
4 pieces baby bocconcini cheese
1. Wash all fresh ingredients.
2. Slice cos lettuce into 2cm strips and place in serving bowl.
3. Slice grape tomatoes in half, halve cucumber and then slice on the bias, thinly slice red onion, roughly chop parsley.
4. Combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion and parsley in a large bowl.
5. In a small jar mix together vinegar, oil salt and pepper. Shake to combine.
6. Drizzle a little dressing over the tomato mixture and set aside for 15 minutes.
7. After waiting 15 minutes, top lettuce with tomato mixture, then 1/2 an avocado per person, then tear 2 pieces of baby bocconcini over each serve. Drizzle with dressing to taste.