This weekend I have spent the days cleaning, organising and working. As a result the nights have been spent on the couch. Last night I enjoyed watching "Casino Royale" on tv and eating a delicious pizza for dinner.
Anyone that knows me would be thinking that I made this pizza from scratch. Which is what I would typically do. But. I just didn't want to cook anything. I wanted to flop on the couch. (What has happened to me?!)
So while Mr Canbella made the martinis, I dusted off a frozen home brand pepperoni pizza from the freezer and set about making it an appealing dinner. I love a cheeky faux gourmet makeover!
Homebrand Pizza Makeover
1 x homebrand frozen pizza
2 Tbs Gourmet Garden Basil
3 Tbs shaved parmesan or pecorino cheese
2 tsp chilli flakes
Salt and Pepper
2 cups mixed salad leaf
2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs raspberry balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
1. Place pizza in a hot oven on middle rack with no tray.
2. Chop and combine salad leaf, cucumber, tomatoes and avocado in a bowl.
3. In a small jar combine olive oil, vinegar and salt and pepper and shake to emulsify.
4. When pizza has been cooking for 10 minutes, spread basil paste over the top. Sprinkle cheese and chilli flakes. Cook for a further 5 - 10 minutes.
5. Serve pizza on a wooden board with dressed salad.
Martinis - Canbella Style
In a cocktail shaker combine:
6 ice cubes,
1.9 Tbs Noilly Prat vermouth, and
8 Tbs Hendricks gin.
If you prefer a dirty martini like I do add a dash of olive juice to the shaker.
Place 3 green sicilian olives on each of two toothpicks and place in cocktail glasses.
Shake or stir contents of cocktail shaker and pour into cocktail glasses.
|Whoopsie! Had a few sips before I took the picture.|