Sunday, November 25, 2012

Chocolate Coconut Brownies with Fluffy Maple Topping

Chocolate Coconut Brownies with Fluffy Maple Topping

This week's adventure in baking is Chocolate Coconut Brownies with Fluffy Maple Topping.

As I've mentioned in previous baking posts, I enjoy experimenting with different ingredients, especially those that enhance the healthiness of my baked goods.

This week I decided to make brownies and include one of my favourite ingredients, coconut oil. Coconut oil is apparently full of health benefits, I definitely find that it fills me up and gives an energy boost that is felt pretty soon after consuming. I usually include coconut oil in my breakfast smoothies during summer.

Chocolate Coconut Brownies with Fluffy Maple Topping

Chocolate Coconut Brownies with Fluffy Maple Topping

Brownie Ingredients
1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
1/4 cup Nuttelex olive oil spread
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 Natvia for Baking
4 eggs
1 small tub SPC apple puree
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup almonds

Topping Ingredients
1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
1/4 cup Nuttelex Olive Oil spread
3/4 cup icing sugar
2 Tbs maple syrup

Method
1. Preheat oven to 170 celcius (fan forced)
2. In a large glass bowl melt coconut oil and Nuttelex in the microwave.
3. Add cocoa, sugar and Natvia and use a whisk to combine.
4. Add eggs, apple puree and vanilla and whisk to combine.
5. Sift in flour and whisk to combine.
6. Add chocolate chips and almonds and stir to combine.
7. Pour into a greased square brownie tin (about 20cm square).
8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked to your liking (I  like my brownies a little gooey in the middle)
9. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes in tin before turning onto a wooden board.
10. Cut into 25 even squares.



Chocolate Coconut Brownies with Fluffy Maple Topping

11. To make topping, use electric beaters to beat together all four ingredients until light and fluffy.
12. Serve brownies with a dollop of topping.

Chocolate Coconut Brownies with Fluffy Maple Topping

Enjoy!
Ella xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation!