It lead us to a discussion of Pixar films and we discovered that neither of us had seen "Up". I had heard it was touching and sweet and thought it would be just thing for our weary souls.
So, this is what led us to a wonderful cosy afternoon of Tuna Paninis and "Up", which did great things for both the mind and body.
Thyme for Tuna Panini
2 crusty bread rolls
1 medium sized can of Sirena tuna in olive oil
4 sprigs of fresh thyme
3 - 4 Tbs grated hard cheese such as parmesan or pecorino
2 Tbs Maille dijon mustard
2 Tbs whole egg mayonnaise (optional)
1. Slice bread rolls in half.
2. Drain tuna and break into chunks
3. Rinse thyme and pull leaves from stems
4. Mix tuna, thyme and grated cheese in a small bowl.
5. Spread dijon mustard and mayonnaise (if desired) on bread rolls.
6. Arrange half of tuna mixture on each bread roll.
7. Place in a sandwich press until cheese is melted and outside of rolls is crusty.
8. Remove from sandwich press and cut in half for easy devouring.